This post describes how to set up Facebook chat on your phone.
- A phone supporting MIDP 2.0 Java applications (If it runs Opera Mini 5 and is not an iPhone / Android phone, you should be fine)
- Working internet on your phone
- About 500KB of free space for Java applications
- A Facebook username. Set it up here: http://www.facebook.com/username/
- Download and install Lampiro on your phone. You can go here: http://lampiro.bluendo.com/get on your phone and get the base or TLS version (Don't bother with the non-TLS unless you have space issues on your phone)
- Follow the instructions when you open Lampiro
- Choose "Yes" when asked if you have an existing Jabber/XMPP account
- Login with your Facebook username and password. Use email@example.com as username and your normal Facebook password if your Facebook username is "johndoe".
- Wait for the list of online friends to load
- Expand a group, choose a friend and start chatting. Left and right switches tabs (between chats / friend list)
Lampiro is a free software / open-source Jabber/XMPP client for phones supporting Java ME. Its Google code page can be found at http://code.google.com/p/lampiro/ and its website can be found at http://lampiro.bluendo.com/ In addition to Facebook chat, its TLS version also support Google Talk's non-voice chat and other XMPP/Jabber servers.
Share this with your friends: